The Palace International Film Festival is an LGBTQIA+ film festival experienced through multi-disciplinary performances, workshops and panels from local and international queer artists. In line with our tagline: ‘elevating experimentation and creating conversation’, PIFF aims to spotlight emerging talent and bring together LGBTQIA+ artists, communities and allies. PIFF celebrates the individual and collective identities that we share through the power of queer culture.
THE PALACE COLLECTIVE
We are a collective of inquisitive minds, focused on developing confidence and creative expression in individuals and communities. Motivated by the lack of opportunity available for emerging creatives, we build networks and physical spaces that offer a supportive alternative to the traditional structures often found in the creative industries. We are an ever evolving international network of diverse art-forms, industries, backgrounds & levels of experience, united by cross discipline collaboration and collective support.
* Change the world through the power of queer cinema
* Build an inclusive and accessible safe space for the Bristol LGBTQIA+ community to appreciate queer culture
* Provide a unique community and intimate space for queer filmmakers to make creative connections and showcase their work
* Activate emerging queer identities in our local communities
* Celebrate and discover emerging local & international talent
* Nurture a creative community that will forge future collaboration for non-commercial filmmakers
* Bridge a cultural connection between the cities of Bristol, Berlin and Wroclaw
* Appreciate film with a unique and intimate exhibition space
* Connect with The Palace Collective Residency community - sharing our skills, knowledge and resources for future collaborations
* Create a sense of togetherness with our filmmakers and audiences in response to the Covid 19 pandemic